If you have digital marketers as friends, or you have been doing a research to know more about the benefits of content marketing, then I believe you must have heard the phrase “content is king”. Well, that statement cannot be better said because content is truly king. As a marketer or sales person, in order to persuade your leads to take the next step in buyer’s journey, you have to be able to give them a reason to do so through the content you put out.
Content marketing is a marketing approach focused on the use of relevant and valuable visual contents to attract, persuade and retain your ideal customers to patronize you or take a profitable action. Contents can be in form of images, texts or videos. As a marketer, instead of giving a sales pitch, you should always try to deliver relevant problem solving contents that will appeal to your target audience.
Behind every successful brand’s digital marketing strategy are contents that are relevant to their target audience.
To help you better understand why content marketing is very important, I have compiled a list of advantages you get when you include content marketing in your overall marketing strategy.
- Higher visibility on search engines: Every new content you post on your website, be it articles or website content, is an opportunity for google to index your website and rank you for more keywords. That’s why websites with blog pages usually rank well than those without.
- Increase in conversion rate: In content marketing, your aim should be to educate, inform, help and engage your audience. Once all that is taken care of, then you can pitch your products or services. Now, if this is done properly, your conversion rate will increase because your readers would have built their trust with your brand.
- Your business will remain competitive: When your blog posts and social media posts are up-to-date, you will always be the go-to brand for information regarding your industry, giving you an edge over your competitors.
- It works perfectly well for all industries: Unlike some marketing strategies that don’t do well for businesses in some selected industries, content marketing does well for all industries. Because everyone is looking for one form of content or the other, content marketing is the perfect method for delivering this information to those in need of it. So, no matter the industry your business falls under, be rest assured that content marketing is one of the best marketing method you should work with.
- Increase in social shares and traffic: One of the beautiful things about content is that it is sharable. When you publish relevant articles, send email marketing messages or social media posts, readers can easily share them with friends. This will improve your businesses visibility and brand awareness, which is a good thing for your business.
- It is cost effective: When compared to other outbound marketing strategies, content marketing is more cost effective. To start out in content marketing, one of the most important thing you need is information. This form of marketing helps reduce the amount of money marketers need to spend when engaging with leads, prospects and customers. In fact, according to content marketing institute, content marketing cost 62% less than outbound marketing but it generates more than three times as many leads.
With the many advantages of content marketing compared to other form of marketing, it is easy to see why many brands and businesses are now embracing it and making moves to develop a content marketing strategy that aligns to their business goals. If you have not started out with content marketing, you can start it today. No matter the industry your business falls under, content marketing will help you reach ad engage more audience.
If you need help starting out your content marketing strategy, feel free to reach our content marketing team to help you make use of content marketing to take your business to the next level.